I don't know which is sadder, seeing how 3 children were drowned when their mother, a victim of domestic violence, took them with her when she drove into the Hudson River or the fact that I understand completely how she could end up this way. Living with violence when you can see no end in sight is like slowly being pulled under water, not knowing if you'll be able to continue breathing. Depression is far more serious than most want to believe. It is all encompassing and one cannot simply "snap out of it" by themselves. Dismissing domestic violence as someone else's problem is common. So is dismissing depression as it was someone just having a bad day. Every time someone dismisses domestic violence or depression as something that doesn't affect them it does nothing but let more people live in pain and more kids live in fear.
Everyone else needs to "SNAP OUT OF IT" when it comes to denying any responsibility for what happens when they ignore things they can do to help. "Evil is done when good men do nothing." Wish I had said that first, but I can't claim credit for it. Americans are getting far too good at minding their own business at everyone else's peril.and expense.
America, take responsibility, quit ignoring your duties as humans and help your fellow human.
I'm angry because those 3 children did not have to drown if someone had taken seriously the violence in that household. It didn't matter that those children were not beat to death, which would have the country up in arms, but where is the outrage when the depression of their mother from being beat constantly then taking her own life and theirs with it.
Either way the children are still dead from domestic violence.
Everyone else needs to "SNAP OUT OF IT" when it comes to denying any responsibility for what happens when they ignore things they can do to help. "Evil is done when good men do nothing." Wish I had said that first, but I can't claim credit for it. Americans are getting far too good at minding their own business at everyone else's peril.and expense.
America, take responsibility, quit ignoring your duties as humans and help your fellow human.
I'm angry because those 3 children did not have to drown if someone had taken seriously the violence in that household. It didn't matter that those children were not beat to death, which would have the country up in arms, but where is the outrage when the depression of their mother from being beat constantly then taking her own life and theirs with it.
Either way the children are still dead from domestic violence.
No comments:
Post a Comment